Quilting journey part 1

It seems like ages ago but it was only just over a month ago that I came back from a mega trip with quilting and family at it's very heart, and I am sure that you will see quite a few posts about it over the next few weeks.
The journey started back at the beginning of October at Birmingham Airport with a flight to Montreal, Canada. My first stop is to spend a few days with family in Cornwall, Ontario with my Dad and then head for a week of sunshine with some of Dad's friends in Cuba.  I had a fabulous relaxing time getting a tan. Cuba is a poor country and so doesn't have a huge history of quilting, but I shared some English Paper Piecing techniques around the pool.
Dad and I enjoyed the weather as we relaxed, went snorkeling and even swam with dolphins.
After a week of sunshine,  we headed back to Canada to prepare for teaching. 



I had a great time introducing the Canadians to English Paper Piecing! These lovely ladies invited me into their homes and kept me topped up with coffee and biscuits as they got to grips with EPP.

 

I also taught another 2 classes at the Giroux Sewing Centre in Cornwall ON. I had a fantastic day and everyone made me most welcome.
We played with 45 degree diamonds and squares, and they loved it (at least they said they did!)


I was also lucky enough to spend some quality time with dad, his brother Nick and my gorgeous cousins and their kids. It was my birthday at the beginning of the trip, and we had a little family get together. The girls made me cards and drew me some lovely cards.
Uncle Nick made me the most incredible birthday cake I have ever seen! Slimming World cake this wasn't, and even though it was definitely calorie laden I did my duty and had a jolly good piece! It would be rude not too!

 

I made up for it with a bit of running!


 

3 comments

  1. sounds like a fun time, wow all those girls in the family and so few boys.
    Have a lovely Christmas and woill see you soon no doubt on C & C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret - have a great Christmmas yourself xx

      Delete
  2. I was also lucky enough to spend some quality time with dad, his brother Nick and my gorgeous cousins and their kids. It was my birthday at the beginning of the trip, and we had a little family get together. The girls made me cards and drew me some lovely cards. gold necklace canada , gold necklace australia ,

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to let me know what you think!