Create & Craft Keeping me busy!

Create and Craft tv channel has really opened doors for me. It has forced my quilt production into overdrive to keep up with all the new shows and the new acrylics that I am sent - often at the very last minute. It can be a little stressful when you get 7 new rulers for the 4 day deal only 5 days before it starts! But I have never been one for needing a great deal of sleep, so I managed to get myself organised and come up with 3 new tops and 2 new blocks. It's amazing how possibly embarrassing yourself on national TV can polarize you to get some work done!

It is wonderful to get feedback from people who are enjoying watching a bit of sewing on the telly, and I am constantly surprised by the lovely emails and face to face comments I receive. It makes you go all warm ;-)

I thought that I would share a pic of one of the new items that I have been working on this week. I have a couple of new bits coming up soon, including this little cutie using the twinkle star ruler.
 
 
This was great fun to make, and the free motion quilting around the hearts looks really effective. Can't wait to see what it looks like on screen! It should be making it's first appearance this Sunday and Monday so I wont have long to wait!

6 comments

  1. That is a lovely quilt although not my colours of choice but I love that technique of quilting around a shape that 'isnt there' so to speak :-) I hope all the work they're giving you, also helps promote Beecrafty for all involved there xx Keep on enjoying! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sarah something to aspire to, the thought of free-motion scares me but I will have a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine. Free motion is great fun. Just relax and have fun xx

      Delete
  3. this is a beauty, throughly enjoyed you on sunday but missed the other programmes, thanks for doing a bit on the quilting part of patchwork. Will have to check out the twinkling star ruler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret. Thanks, it was nice to do something a little different from the usual shows.

      Delete

Feel free to let me know what you think!